Gizmos are an incredibly flexible teaching tool that you can use in a variety of ways, including small group work, individual exploration, and whole class or whole group instruction.
This video gives you a peek into a real classroom to see what teaching with Gizmos can look like when teaching in small groups. You will learn how you can effectively use Gizmos in a classroom with groups of two or three students at a computer.
Small group instruction best practices include:
- Confirm that students understand the task
- Ask students to predict outcomes
- Monitor student progress
- Customize Lesson Materials as needed
- Have students share results
- Ask leading questions to spur thinking
- Provide scaffolding for higher-level thinking