ExploreLearning Gizmos features a library of more than 400 online math and science simulations. There are several tools that make it easy for you to find just the right Gizmo for your lesson or class.
You can search the Gizmo library by keyword. This is a great method to use if you want to see the full range of Gizmos available on a topic; or if you have a very specific term you want to find.
- Click Find Gizmos, located in the main navigation bar, and type your search term or terms into the Search Box. Typing your search from any page will also automatically start a search.
- As you type, the Search Box will expand to show a Search Results Preview. This will automatically narrow as you type more letters or words. The Search Results Preview will display up to 10 Gizmos results.
- Once you’ve entered your terms, select the Gizmo you want. Either click it from the Search Results Preview; or click the Search Icon (or press enter/go on your keyboard) to return a full list of all Gizmos search results, then click a Gizmo Result to go to the Gizmo.
See our article on search tips for help on how to create the best searches to find the Gizmos you want.
You can browse the Gizmo library by category: Academic Standard, Grade & Topic, or Textbook. This is a great method to use if you want to find Gizmos aligned to a specific instructional need.
To begin browsing by any category, click Find Gizmos, located in the main navigation bar, and click the appropriate Browse Category.
Browse Gizmos by Academic Standard
Find Gizmos correlated to national and state/provincial standards for the United States, Australia, Canada, Australia, and United Kingdom.
- From Gizmos by Academic Standard, click your State/Province. To change countries, click Switch Country and select the appropriate country from the drop-down.
- Select the Subject (math or science), Standards Revision, and Grade you want to see a full list of correlations by those standards. Beneath each standard and learning objective is a list of recommended Gizmos. If a standard is not shown, there are no suggested Gizmos for that topic.
- Click the Gizmo Title to open a card with a brief description of the Gizmo. Select Lesson Info or Launch Gizmo to go to the Gizmo. Select Add to Class or “X” to continue browsing the standards.
Browse Gizmos by Grade & Topic
Find Gizmos organized by subject, grade level and topic.
- From Gizmos by Grade & Topic, choose a Topic from a Subject (math or science) and Grade Level (grade 3-5, grade 6-8, grade 9-12 or college).
- Select the Sub-Topic you want to see a full list of recommended Gizmos for that grade and topic. Use the interactive breadcrumb menu to go to other topics or return to the main browse page.
- Click a Gizmo Result to go to a Gizmo.
Browse Gizmos by Textbook
Find Gizmos correlated to major math and science textbooks.
- From Gizmos by Textbook, click your Publisher.
- Select the Subject (math or science), Title, and Publication Date you want to see a full list of correlations by that textbook’s chapters and sections.
- Beneath each chapter and section is a list of recommended Gizmos. If a section or chapter is not shown, there are no suggested Gizmos for that portion. Click the Gizmo Title to go to a Gizmo.